MON to SAT
7:45 am to 5:00 pm
To promote intellectual growth and creativity by facilitating access to information resources.
To be a strategic asset for the college, providing intellectual leadership and extraordinary information experiences towards the advancement of knowledge.
The Library strives for Excellence in Learning and Research.
- By Providing high-quality services that meet and exceed the expectations of a diverse user Community.
- By Empowering users to Locate, Evaluate and use information available in a variety of Innovative and Traditional formats.
- By Developing and maintaining collections in support of the Academic pursuits of the College.
The College Library is fully automated & follows the open access system. The Library uses the LMIS (Library Management and Information System). The College Library is well equipped with books and periodicals dealing with diverse topics of interest specially suited to student and can be searched online. The Library is equipped with lease line internet facility. A photocopy machine is available for reprography needs.
I. Reference Library
- Reference books are not to be removed from the library. Students can read them in the library itself & get the material photocopied if required in the Library itself.
II. Students Library
- Students get books issued against their I-card.
- I-cards are not to be lent or exchanged.
- Books from the College library are issued to the students on days assigned for the different classes.
- Two books are issued at a time for a period of 15 days. Books may be reissued for another 10 days provided they are not demanded by other students.
- Failure to return a book on expiry of due date will involve the payment of a fine of Rs. 0.50 per day.
- All library books must be returned 15 days before the examination.
- No dues are done at the time of clearance.
III. Book Bank
- Book Bank facility is available only to ST/SC and very poor students.
- Students who avail of the Book Bank facility must return the books immediately after the exams, failing which they will be have to pay a fine of Rs.1.00 per day.
- This facility is provided to all the students of Arts, Commerce and Science sections for allocated time.
- The college maintains a separate local server for Digital Library which enables the students to access Digital Library using Intranet, as well as Internet.
Digital Library is equipped with:
- 36 multimedia terminals with 6 mbps leased line Internet connection.
- Wi-Fi Network
- Subscription to INFLIBNET
- Subscription to PDFCHM.NET
- Subscription to DELNET
- Subscription to The American Library
- Educational CDs/DVDs
In the era of Information Technology (IT) Information is a vital asset. The college has a Cyber Centre, which enables our students to access valuable and latest information at St. Aloysius' College Cyber Centre.
Library is equipped with :
- Library Automation Software
- Photocopy Machine
- Six Computers
- Two printers
- Two Barcode Scanners
- Digital Library Software
Reading Room is equipped with :
- Eight Computers
- 1 LED TV (40'')
Instructions for Students
- No marks or inscriptions of any kind may be made in any book of the library.
- If a book is lost it must be replaced or the full price of the book paid.
- Journals and magazines are to be read in reading room.
- Students must maintain silence and discipline in the library.
For Library related queries:
Mrs. Premlata Swami
Mrs. Archana Dubey
Telephone No.: 0761-2620738 EXT.:207
For Digital Library related queries:
Mr. Prakash Kumar Lange (Asst. Prof.)
Department of Computer Application