Dr. Ms. Parnashree Mukherjee is Head, Department of Zoology at St. Aloysius College.
- Registered as Co- supervisor for Ph.D guidance in the subject Zoology in RDVV, Jabalpur
- Guest lecturer for M.Phil Zoology,R.D.V.V, Jabalpur.
- Ex-member of board of studies of zoology and biotechnology Govt.M.H. college of Homescience and science Jabalpur.
- Resource person for conferences and seminar.
- Completed 01 UGC Major Research Project on “Investigation of Genotoxicity as an
occupational Hazard among Bidi Rollers to the Exposure of Tobacco Dust” as a co-investigator .
- Completed UGC sponsored Minor Research Project on “Investigation of the biodiversity of road side insects of Jabalpur city with special reference to the physiological stress indicators and immunocompetence status Worked as Principal investigator.
- Life membership of the Indian Science Congress Association. Life Membership No :L22915
- Life member of National Environmental Science Academy. Life Membership No :979
- Life member of Society of Life Sciences.
- Life member of Mahakaushal Vigyan Parishad , Jabalpur .
- Life member of “SHAKTI” Mahakaushal , Jabalpur .
- Life member and Reviewer of Bioinfo Publications. Membership Id : 6AF0AEDFB6
TEACHING ACCOMPLISHMENT -
- Two Refresher Courses in Bioscience organized by Academic Staff College , R.D. V. V. , Jabalpur.
- Gold medal in M.Sc. Zoology.
- IIIrd Prize for poster presentation in National Seminar on “ Prespectives of microbial diversity in present scenario” at Deptt. of Botany and Microbiology Govt.Auto.M.H.College of H. Sc. and Sc. for women,Jabalpur , 2003.
- IIIrd Prize for oral presentation in National Seminar on “Research trends in thrust areas of biological Science” at Deptt. of Zoology and Biotechnology Govt. Model Science College Jabalpur, 2003.
RESEARCH PAPERS -
- Mass mortality of fishes due to fungal infections in Gangasagar pond, Jabalpur: Preliminary observation. Journal of Basic Applied Mycology , R. D. V. V. , Jabalpur. (M. P.) Vol. 1 No. 1 pp 162 . 2002
- Biodiversity indices in relation to zooplanktonic growth at Gangasagar pond , Jabalpur (M.P.) National Journal of life Sciences , Society of Life Sciences , Satna. (M. P.) Vol. 1 No. 2 pp 399-402. 2004
- A quantitative analysis of variableness in a microbial population in relation to fluctuations in relative abundance and species richness in an environment. Bulletin of Environmental Science , National Environmental Science Academy , New Delhi . Vol. IV Issue 1 . pp 87- 94 . 2006 .
- A study on the aquatic biota of a trapa –cum – fish cultured pond, Jabalpur. International multi disciplinary Journal of Research Hunt , International Society of Research Hunt , Bhopal (M. P.) Vol. 1 Issue 1 . pp 50-59. 2006
- Seasonal changes in primary productivity of a polluted trapa –cum – fish cultured pond of Central India . Annual Research Journal“ Anusandhan “Govt.Auto.M.H.College of H. Sc. and Sc. for women,Jabalpur affiliated to Rani Durgavati VishwaVidyalaya , Jabalpur Vol. 1 pp 93- 98. 2007
- Statistical analysis of the biodiversity of zooplankton population in a filthy trapa-cum-fish cultured pond of central India . International Journal of Zoology Research.ISSN: 2231-3516 & E-ISSN: 2231-3524, Volume 2, Issue 1, pp-24-29, 2011.
- Genotoxic effects of tobacco chewing. Toxicology international , ISSN: Print -0971-6580, Online - 0976-5131 ,Volume 19, Issue 3, pp-322-326, 2012.
- Study on physicochemical parameters of vermicompost.P. Mukherjee, A Khanna, D.SGautam, A.Rai , Jigyasa Research Journal , ISSN 2231-2978 Volume 6(1), Page 83-87 (2012).
- Appraisal of Biodiversity of insect fauna of Dumna Nature Reserve, Jabalpur (MP) using Association Index International Journal of Life Sciences, ISSN: 2320-7817| eISSN: 2320-964X Vol. 2(3): 235-238, 2014.
- Co- authored a research paper on the topic- Toxicity and Behavioural changes in freshwater fish Clarias batrachus exposed to paper mill effluent . Indian Journal of Environmental Sciences,Green Earth Foundation, ISSN :0971-8958 , 18(1),2014, pp 33-36.
- Comparative trichological analysis of common domestic mammals of Jabalpur district Int. J. Adv. Res. Biol. Sci. (2016). 3(2): XX–XX, Coden: IJARQG(USA) , ISSN: 2348-8069, pp1-6 , 2016.
- Dr. Parnashree Mukherjee, Anu Mishra and Anshul Sinha :Investigation of the physiological stress indicatorsand immunocompetence status of road side insectsin comparison to the insects of domestic gardensof Jabalpur city.Journal of Entomology and Zoology Studies 2017; 5(4): 1621-1626.
- Dr. Parnashree Mukherjee and Sarita Dwivedi : Study of composition of saliva with reference to characterization of the activity and stability of salivary amylase with reference to effect of different spices, World Journal of Pharmaceutical and Life Sciences, 2018, Vol. 4, Issue 12, 68-72.
POPULAR ARTICLES -
- Role of Indian Researchers in Modern Biological Science - Jigyasa 2011, pg 51-57,ISSN 2231-2973
- Animal folklores: Are they facts or imaginary tales?-Jigyasa Vol. VI(II),2012, pg 56-59,ISSN 2231-2973
- Potential Role of Spices: An Overview - Jigyasa Vol. VII(I),2013, pg 120-126 ISSN 2231-2973
- Enthralling ream of animal totems - Jigyasa Vol. VII(I),2014, pg 83-89 ISSN 2231-2973
- A brief overview of variations in human populations , Jigyasa ,Vol. IX (I),2015, ISSN 2231-2973.
- Integrated Methodologies in Biology . Publishers : Arun Prakashan , Agra.
- Arithmatical analysis of the biodiversity of insect fauna of Dumna Nature Reserve, Jabalpur (M.P.) published in book entitled “Biodiversity, Environment and Functional Biology” bearing ISBN : 978-93- 84935-15-3 by Excellent Publishing house, New Delhi.
- "Role of Applied Zoology in the economic ,social and environmental dimensions of CSR - a case study of Department of Zoology" published in book entitled “New dimensions in Corporate Social Responsibility” bearing ISBN : 978-93- 86369-05-5 by Horizon Books, Ignited Minds Edutech Pvt. Ltd.,New Delhi.
CONFERENCES/ SYMPOSIA/ SEMINARS ATTENDED
- National Seminar on “Contemporary Trends in Biological Science. “ Deptt. of Biological Science , R. D. V.V. Jabalpur Jabalpur,9-11 January , 2002
- National Seminar on “ Prespectives of microbial diversity in present scenario “Deptt. of Botany and Microbiology Govt.Auto.M.H.College of H. Sc. and Sc. for women,Jabalpur affiliated to R.D.V.V. , Jabalpur . Jabalpur,11 -12 March , 2003.
- National Seminar on “Research trends in thrust areas of biological Science “Deptt. of Zoology and Biotechnology Govt. Model Science College Jabalpur affiliated to R.D.V.V. Jabalpur . Jabalpur,28- 29 April , 2003
- International Symposium on“ Microbial diversity : Opportunities , Challenges and relevance in New Millennium. Deptt. ofBiological Science , R. D. V.V. Jabalpur . Jabalpur,19-21 November, 2004
- National Seminar on “ Ekatma Manav Vigyan. Deptt. of Environmental Sciences. Govt. Model Science College Jabalpur affiliated to R.D.V.V. , Jabalpur . Jabalpur, 22- 25 December , 2005
- National Seminar on “Contemporary Trends in Life Sciences : Prospects and challenges Ahead “Deptt. of Botany and Microbiology St. Aloysius college ( Auto.) , Jabalpur affiliated to R.D.V.V., Jabalpur Jabalpur,16-17 April , 2008
- Madhya Kshetriya Vigyan Sammelan. Deptt. of Zoology and Biotechnology +Deptt. of Botany and Microbiology Govt.Auto.M.H.College of H. Sc. and Sc. for women,Jabalpur affiliated to R.D.V.V. , Jabalpur and Deptt. of Biological Science , R. D. V.V. Jabalpur. 21-22 February , 2009 ,Jabalpur
- Madhya Kshetriya Mahila Vigyan Sammelan.. Deptt. of Zoology and Biotechnology , Mata Gujri Mahila Mahavidyalaya, Jabalpur Jabalpur, 18-19 December , 2010.
- National Seminar on “Progress in Life Sciences for Human Welfare “Deptt. of Zoology and Biotechnology Govt. Model Science College Jabalpur affiliated to R.D.V.V. , Jabalpur . 05-06 February , 2011 .
- National seminar on “Biodiversity Conservation,Environment and Resource Management” at D.P Chaturvedi Arts Commerce & Science College, Seoni on 19th- 20th Jan 2013.
- Presented a research paper on “Quantitative Measurement of Biodiversity Of Phytoplanktons Using Evenness Index In A Polluted Fish Cultured Pond of Jabalpur District” in a National seminar on “ The Frontiers in Modern Biology; From Discovery to Applications” , organised by dept. of Botany and Microbiology, St. Aloysius College(Auto), Jabalpur on 6th – 7th Sep 2013”.
- International conference on “Faunal Biodiversity and their conservation strategies” at Lucknow University, 22-23rd March 2014.
- National seminar on “Conservation of Biodiversity for Human Welfare” at Govt. Auto. P.G. College, Satna (M.P.) on 24th- 25th May 2014.
- Attended 102 Indian Science Congress from 3rd – 7th January 2015 at University of Mumbai .
- Attended National Seminar on “Wildlife conservation and management ”from 11th – 12th February 2015 at Hawabagh College, Jabalpur .
- Attended National Seminar on “Biodiversity conservatuion”from 19th – 20thMarch 2015 at Govt. Model Science College, Jabalpur .
- Attended National Seminar on “Impact of Industrial Pollution on Environment” at Mahatma Gandhi P.G. College, Kareli , Narsinghpur from 15-16 October , 2016
- Attended National conference on"Role of Academic audit in enhancing the quality of higher education in India "organized by the Departments of Economics and Computer Science and Application of St. Aloysius College (Autonomous ),Jabalpur from 21st -22nd October 2016.
- Attended and presented paper in National Seminar on" New dimensions in Corporate Social Responsibility "organized by the Department of Commerce of St. Aloysius College (Autonomous ),Jabalpur from 20th -21st January 2017
- Attended Training Program on "Project Based Learning and Need of Academic Audit in Enhancing the Quality in Higher Education" on 27th& 28th January, 2017 , sponsored by United Board for Christian Higher Education in Asia.
- Attended and presented paper in 6th International Science Congress from 8th – 9th December 2016 at Hutatma Rajguru Mahavidyalaya, Pune, Maharashtra
- Attended Training Program on "Project Based Learning and Need of Academic Audit in Enhancing the Quality in Higher Education" on 27th& 28th January, 2017 , sponsored by United Board for Christian Higher Education in Asia
- Attended and delivered an invited talk in National Conference on EITFES 2017at Allahabad on 23 rd of September,2017. During the conference MsAnuMishra ,Ex-student of Department of Zoology received Young Scientists Award for best poster presentation based on her PG Zoology dissertation research done under my guidance.
- Attended and presented their poster in National conference on “Innovations in Bioinspired Smart Materials for Sustainable Development of Environment "organized by the Bio-Design Innovation Centre , Department of Bioscience, RDVV, Jabalpur on 9 th of October, 2017.
- Presented an invited talk on “Evaluation of Biodiversity of roadside insects of Jabalpur city using Shannon –Weiner index” on the occasion of celebration of World science day at MaharanaPratap PG College,Gadarwara on 10th of November, 2017.
- Attended National seminar for " e learning and MOOC’s in Higher education",organised by Guru Angad Dev Teaching Learning Centre of MHRD,SGTB Khalsa College,University of Delhi, in collaboration with St. Aloysius College (Autonomous ),Jabalpur on 17th March, 2018.
- Attended and delivered a talk in 14th, International Conference on “Research and Development of India as Multidisciplinary Approach” organized by Shivalik College of Engineering, Dehradun India,in Association with South Asia Management Association,India from 29th -31st December 2018.
- Workshop on Instrumentation. Deptt. of Zoology and Biotechnology +Deptt. of Botany and Microbiology Govt.Auto.M.H.College of H. Sc. and Sc. for women,Jabalpur affiliated to R.D.V.V. , Jabalpur Jabalpur,2 -3 February , 2005
- Workshop on “ Innovative Practices in Teaching and Learning “Deptt. of Management Studies , St. Aloysius college ( Auto.) , Jabalpur affiliated to R.D.V.V., Jabalpur . 20- 21 December , 2010
- National Workshop on “ Chemistry for Life” Mahakaushal Vigyan Parishad , Jabalpur and Deptt. of Cemistry ,Govt. Model Science College Jabalpur affiliated to R.D.V.V. , Jabalpur. 12-13 September , 2011
- National workshop on “Science and Technology communication” from 15th -21st Sept. 2013, organized by Govt. Model science College, Jabalpur.
- National workshop on “Reassessment of present curriculum of teacher education” from 15-16 Nov, 2013, Dept. of Education, St. Aloysius College(Auto), Jabalpur .
- Workshop on “Learning statistics through Mathematica” from 28th Feb -1st March 2014, organized by Dept. of Physics, Economics and Computer science, St. Aloysius College(Auto), Jabalpur .
- National workshop on “Science and Technology communication” from 21st - 27 th Sept. 2014, organized by Govt. Model science College, Jabalpur.
- Organised UGC sponsored National Workshop on “Applied techniques in Biology” 5-7th February 2015.
- Attended faculty development programme at St. Aloysius College (Autonomous), Jabalpur- 16-17 June 2015.
- Attended United Board sponsored Workshop on "Revised Assessment and Accreditation Framework for Higher Education Institutions in India," 15th to 16th December, 2018.
WORKSHOPS / CERTIFICATE COURSE ORGANISED
- Organised UGC sponsored National Workshop on “Applied techniques in Biology” 5-7th February 2015.
- Organised “ Training workshop on Sericulture” from 20th to 22nd August , 2015 to train the students regarding mulberry plantation, silkworm rearing and cocoon production under Green India Mission in collaboration with Department of Rural Industries and Directorate of Sericulture (M. P.)
- Organised 02 days “Training workshop on Lac culture as secondary means of livelihood ” from 26th to 27th August , 2016 to train the students regarding plantation of trees , nymph rearing and lac production and to equip the student participants on the latest technology of lacculture industry
- Organised 10 days Certificate Course on Hands on training on “Innovative Zoological practices” from 20/06/16 to 30/06/16 for UG & PG students
- Organised 10 days Certificate Course on Hands on training on “Innovative Zoological practices” from 20/06/16 to 30/06/16 and from 19/06/2017 to 30/06/2017 for UG & PG students.
- Organised Training workshop on Apiculture- “Entrepreneurship in bee keeping” on 16th September, 2017.
- Organised one month Hands on training on “Microtomy” from 10/07/2018 to 11/08/2018 for PG Zoology students
- Organised Training workshop on “Aquaculture as source of self employment” on 7th & 8th of September, 2018 to promote the scientific knowledge, professional skill, entrepreneurship and marketing skills in Aquaculture.
- Organised three months Certificate Course on Hands on training on “Innovative Zoological practices” from 06/08/2018 to 03/11/2018 for UG & PG students.