Mrs. Runa Paul is a faculty of Zoology at St. Aloysius' College.
- BSc. (HONS),M.Sc.(Ichthyology),P.G Diploma in Nutrition & Dietetics
- Member of board of studies of Zoology of St. Aloysius College Autonomous) , Jabalpur
- Cleared DET 2013, successfully completed pre-Ph.D coursework in Zoology conducted by R.D.V.V, Jabalpur in 2014 and submitted synopsis titled -“A study of immunomodulatory effects of some dietary herbal constituents in Clarias Sps.” for PhD under the guidance of Dr. (Mrs.) Asha Khanna.
- Life member of “SHAKTI” Mahakoshal Jabalpur (M. P.).
RESEARCH GUIDANCE/ THRUST AREA OF RESEARCH : Ichthyology and Immunology
- Currently working as Principal investigator on a UGC sponsored Minor Research Project on “To investigate the effect of extracts (aqueous/ethanolic) of different parts of Annona squamosa Linn. on some immunological parameters of Clarias batrachus as an immunostimulant which may be helpful in increasing the production of disease free healthy fishes.” for two years (2015-2017), Outlay of Rs.2 lakh
- Guided five M. Sc. IV Semester students for their dissertation work.
- Title: -“Vermicompost: A better option for waste management”. Runa Paul. INT J CURR SCI 2015, 15: E 98-102.ISSN 2250-1770.
- Title: -“A study of immunomodulatory effects of aqueous extract of Phyllanthus emblica (Amla) leaf as a dietary herbal constituent in Clarias batrachus by analyzing the haematological parameters” Runa Paul, Asha Khanna. Int. Res. J. Pharma. pp 33-36:2016:7(1). ISSN 2230-8407.
- Title-“Phytochemical Screening of Annona squamosa and Haematological studies in Clarias batrachus”.Runa Paul, Asha Khanna, Rita Bhandari, Surbhi Yadav, Dayashankar Gautam. World Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences. Aug 2016; Volume 5, Issue 8, 1121-1131.ISSN 2278 – 4357.
- New Horizons in Toxicology and Sustenance of Life at Sri Sathya Sai, College Bhopal on 23rd-24th Feb 2007.
- The Role of NGOs and Environmental Education and Ecotourism at Govt. Kalidas Girls College Ujjain on 28th Feb- 1stMarch 2007
- Human Chemistry Phase I at M.V.M College, Bhopal on 31st Dec. 2007
- Current Trends in Applied Animal Biotechnology at Career College, Bhopal on 3rd -5thJan 2008
- National Seminar on Conservation and Management of Biodiversity in 21st Century. 26th -27th February 2011 Govt. Motilal Vigyan Mahavidyalaya, Bhopal.
- Attended the National Seminar on “Management of waste an important aspect in environment protection” from 16th -17thMarch 2013 and presented a paper on “Vermicomposting: A better option for waste management” at Govt. P.G. College Narsinghpur, (M.P.).
- Attended National Seminar on “Wildlife conservation and management” from 11th –12th February 2015 at Hawabagh Womens’ College, Jabalpur .
- Attended 104th Indian Science Congress from 3rd-7th January 2017 at Sri Venkateswara University, Tirupati.
- Attended National Seminar on “New dimensions in Corporate Social Responsibility” and presented paper on the topic- “Impact of Internship in Economic Zoology to fulfill the Corporate Social Responsibility” organized by the Department of Commerce of St. Aloysius’ College (Autonomous ),Jabalpur from 20th -21st January 2017.
- Attended National Seminar on Biodiversity and Sustainable Development and presented paper on the topic “A study of the effect of leaf extract of Annona squamous on haematology of Clarias batrachus” organized by the Department of Zoology ,Govt. P.G. College , Seoni from 11th -12th February 2017.
- Attended National Conference on Innovations in Bioinspired Smart Materials for Sustainable Development of Environment and presented poster on the topic “Preliminary phytochemical analysis of aqueous leaf extracts of Annona squamosa Linn.and its effect on growth and survival of freshwater fish Clarias batrachus” organized by Bio-Design Innovation Centre, Department of Biological Sciences , R.D. University, Jabalpur , on 9th October 2017.
- Participated in two days workshop on “Water Conservation” to celebrate world wetland day, organized by Lake Conservation Authority M.P.in Bhopal on 6th Feb. 2007.
- Workshop on “Museology and Taxidermy” organized by Govt.M.V.M. College, Bhopal on 27thFeb 2007.
- Workshop on “Innovative Practices in Teaching and Learning”,St. Aloysius College(Auto.), Jabalpur from 20th-21stDecember, 2010 .
- National Workshop on “Investor awareness programme” Ministry of affairs 3rd March 2012, organized by Department of Management, St. Aloysius College(Autonomous), Jabalpur.
- National workshop on “Science and Technology communication” from 21st-27th Sept. 2014, organized by Govt. Model Science College, Jabalpur.
- Organised UGC sponsored National Workshop on “Applied Techniques in Biology” 5th -7th Feb. 2015.
- Attended faculty development programme at St. Aloysius College (Autonomous), Jabalpur- 16th-17thJune 2015.
- Attended seven days National workshop on “Science and Technology Communication” from 4th - 10th Oct.2015, organized by Govt. Model Science College, Jabalpur.
- Organised “ Training workshop on sericulture” from 20th to 22nd August , 2015 to train the students regarding mulberry plantation, silkworm rearing and cocoon production under Green India Mission in collaboration with Department of Rural Industries and Directorate of Sericulture (M. P.)
- Organised two days “Training workshop on lac culture as secondary means of livelihood ” from 26th to 27th August , 2016 to train the students regarding plantation of trees , nymph rearing and lac production and to equip the student participants on the latest technology of lac culture industry
- Attended training program on "Project Based Learning and Need of Academic Audit in Enhancing the Quality in Higher Education" on 27th-28th January, 2017 , sponsored by United Board for Christian Higher Education in Asia organized by St. Aloysius’ College (Autonomous), Jabalpur.
- “Advances in Biophysics” at CCMB, Hyderabad on 25thMay-8thJune 2007.
- “Advanced Instrumentation Methods”, M.P Council of Science and Technology, Bhopal on 23rd June -27thJune 2008.
- Faculty training programme on “Human Values Development”at Sonada , Darjeeling from 1st – 4thSept. 2014.