The Department of Economics was established in 1951, under the headship of Prof. J.V. Magima.
“Quality Teaching and Research”
Shall train students to think independently so that they are able to co-relate economic theory with current economic issues.
To establish the economics department as a center of quality teaching and research.
- To utilize the potential of brilliant students.
- To develop critical thinking towards economic issues.
- To develop research aptitude.
- To upgrade weaker students.
- Emphasis is laid on understanding not on memorizing.
- Students are encouraged to participate in co curicular and extra curricular activities.
- P.G. students undertake research activities and publication.
- Various teaching methodologies and tools are used while imparting education.
- Use of SPSS for developing analytical skills.
|1.||Dr. Reeta Chouhan (HOD)||M.A. , M.Phil, B.Ed., Ph.D|
|2.||Dr. Elena Philip (Dean, Social Science)||M.A. , B.Ed, Ph.D.|
|3.||Rev. Dr. G. Vazhan Arasu (Principal)||M.A. , B.Th, MBA , M.Phil , Ph.D.|
|4.||Dr. Anthonima K. Robin||M.A. , M.Phil, Ph.D.|
Under Graduate Courses
The B.A./B.Sc. Course is a three year degree course. Foundation course is a compulsory subject. Economics can be opted as one of the three optional subject.
Post Graduate Course
- M.A. Economics
The M.A. (Economics) course spanning four semesters to impart the necessary skills and capabilities to meet the challenges of vibrant economic environment. The course provides statistical and mathematical approach to the understanding of economic principles and policies. It also helps students to develop overall understanding towards the Indian and the Global economy.The discipline of economics enhances the students understanding towards the dynamic and drastically changing national and international economics scenario.
- Certificate course on “Advertisement and Sales Promotion”
FACILITIES PROVIDED BY THE DEPARTMENT
- Departmental Library for PG Students.
- SPSS Software for PG Students and Research Scholars.
- Centralized Computer facility for Research
EVENTS / ACTIVITIES
- Publication of Departmental Newsletter “ The Aloysian Economic Times”
- Economics Forum- The department has a vibrant forum which organises various activities, such as- Budget Discussion, Debate, Extempore, Quiz,Economic Survey etc.
- Review of Articles
- Editorial Review
- Publication of Research Papers by PG Students
- Economic Survey
- Industrial Visit
- The Department of Economics had organized a Guest lecture on 23rd September 2017 on “Make in India” for Undergraduate and Postgraduate students.
- In the series of visits to old age homes and orphanage Rimjha, Jabalpur. Lunch was sponsored by the teachers and students of the department on 26th July 2017.
- Department of Economics in collaboration with Department of Computer Science & Application organized Training Program on "Project Based Learning and Need of Academic Audit in Enhancing the Quality in Higher Education" on 27th & 28th January, 2017 , sponsored by United Board for Christian Higher Education in Asia
- Department of Economics in collaboration with Department of Computer Science & Application organized a two days National Conference on "Role of Academic Audit in Enhancing the Quality of Higher Education in India" - 21st and 22nd October, 2016.
- The Department of Economics has organized a Special lecture on 20th November 2017 on the topic titled “Samaj Vigyan me Bhartiya”. Prof. Kuldeep Chandra Agnihotri, Hon’ Vice-Chancellor and Prof. A.D.N. Bajpai, Former Vice-Chancellor, Avdhesh Pratap University, Rewa, Gramodya University, Chitrakoot and Himanchal Pradesh University Shimla were the speakers of the function.
- Quiz Competition - The Department of Economics had conducted a Quiz Competition under the banner of the Economic Forum. The quiz was conducted in two phases. In the 1st phase 145 students from the various streams of UG and PG were participated.
- Budget Discussion - Department of Economics had organized Budget Discussion on 12th February 2018. In this discussion 18 students were participated. The expert comment was given by Dr. N.G. Pendse, former Head, P.G. Department of Economics & Research Centre, R.D.V.V., Jabalpur and Prof. S.K. Choubey, Director UIM & Head P.G. Department of Economics & Research Centre, R.D.V.V., Jabalpur.
- Report of Industrial Visit
- The Department of Economics has organized a guest lecture on 13th February, 2019 on the topic “Inclusive Inter-Sectoral Development for Sustainability: Still a Dream”. Prof. A. Ranga Reddy, UGC - Emeritus Professor, Department of Economics, Sri Venkateswara University, Tirupati, was the speaker of the function.
- Department of Economics conducted a quiz competition on 31st August 2018. The quiz was related with the current Economic issues. There were 20 students participated in the quiz competition. To organized this quiz competition the main aim was to help the students to aware the current condition of the economy.
RESEARCH AND PUBLICATIONS
- The Department has 08 books written /edited by its members.
- All the members of the department are engaged research work which include writing of research papers and presentations made in conferences.
- The Department has organized Four National Seminars.
- The Department has organized one National Workshop
- The Department has organized One International Training Programme
- The departmental members have many publications in National and International Journals and chapters in Edited Books.
- All departmental members are PhD holders
- Two members are registered as Research Guides.
- Three members serving as Resource Persons
- Establish Department as a Research Center.
- Strengthen and develop strategies for placement.
- Publish departmental refereed Journal with ISSN.
- Establish students’ unit of Chamber of Commerce and Industry.
- Establish an Industry Partnership Cell.
- Organize International Conference.
- Obtain International funding for Projects and Conferences.
- Establish international collaboration and linkages.
- International faculty and student exchange programs.
|Type of Journals||International||National||Others|
|Peer Review Journals||11||10||04|
|Non-Peer Review Journals||-||-||-|
|With ISBN NO.||Without ISBN No.||Chapters in Edited Books|
Phone no. 0761-2620738-225