Economics Department was established in 1951, under the headship of Prof. J.V. Magima.
“Quality Teaching and Research”
Shall train students to think independently so that they are able to co-relate economic theory with current economic issues.
To establish the economics department as a center of quality teaching and research in economics.
- To exploit the potential of brilliant students.
- To develop critical approach to economic issues among students.
- To develop research aptitude.
- To upgrade weaker students.
- Teaching is done keeping in mind the weakest students in the class.
- Emphasis is laid on understanding and not on memorizing.
- Encouragement is given to students to participate in extra curricular activities and sports.
- P.G. students are involved in research activities to be undertaken by the Departmental teachers.
- Wide variety of methods and tools are used while imparting education.
- Lecturing, Assignments, Notes, Tutorials, group Discussion etc. shall compulsorily be used to teach economics topics.
|1.||Dr. Reeta Chouhan (HOD)||M.A. , M.Phil, B.Ed., Ph.D|
|2.||Dr. Mrs. Elena Philip||M.A. , B.Ed, Ph.D.|
|3.||Rev. Dr. G. Vazhan Arasu||M.A. , B.Th, MBA , M.Phil , Ph.D.|
|4.||Dr. Mrs. Anthonima K. Robin||M.A. , M.Phil, Ph.D.|
Under Graduate Courses
The B.A./B.Sc. Course is a six semester course. Foundation course is a compulsory subject. Economics can be opted as one of the three optional subject.
Post Graduate Course
- M.A. Economics
The M.A. (Economics) course spanning four semesters to impart the necessary skills and capabilities to meet the challenges of vibrant economic environment. The course provides statistical and mathematical approach to the understanding of economic principles and policies. It also helps students to develop overall understanding towards the Indian and the Global economy.The discipline of economics enhances the students understanding towards the dynamic and drastically changing national and international economics scenario.
- SPSS for U.G & P.G students to familiarize students with the software used for statistical analysis in Social Sciences.
- Certificate course on “Advertisement and Sales Promotion”
FACILITIES PROVIDED BY THE DEPARTMENT
- Departmental Library for PG Students.
- SPSS Software for PG Students and Research Scholars.
- Centralized Computer facility for Research
EVENTS / ACTIVITIES
- Publication of Departmental Journal “RISING RESEARCHER”.
- Publication of interdisciplinary Newsletter “PRAWAH”.
- Economics Forum- The department has a vibrant forum which organises various activities, such as- Budget Discussion, Debate, Extempore, Quiz etc.
- Review of Articles
- Editorial Review
- Writing of Research Papers by PG Students
- Economic Survey
- Industrial Visit
- Department of Economics in collaboration with Department of Computer Science & Application organized Training Program on "Project Based Learning and Need of Academic Audit in Enhancing the Quality in Higher Education" on 27th & 28th January, 2017 , sponsored by United Board for Christian Higher Education in Asia
- Department of Economics in collaboration with Department of Computer Science & Application organized a two days National Conference on "Role of Academic Audit in Enhancing the Quality of Higher Education in India" - 21st and 22nd October, 2016.
- The Department of Economics has organized a Special lecture on 20th November 2017 on the topic titled “Samaj Vigyan me Bhartiya”. Prof. Kuldeep Chandra Agnihotri, Hon’ Vice-Chancellor and Prof. A.D.N. Bajpai, Former Vice-Chancellor, Avdhesh Pratap University, Rewa, Gramodya University, Chitrakoot and Himanchal Pradesh University Shimla were the speakers of the function.
RESEARCH AND PUBLICATIONS
- The Department has 08 books written by its members.Hundred percent faculty is engaged in research work which include writing of research papers and presentations made in conferences.
- The Department has organized Four National Seminars.
- The Department has organized one National Workshop
- The Department has organized One International Training Programme
- 05 UGC sponsored minor research projects have been completed.
- 01 Major Research Project is completed and 02are on-going.
- The departmental members have many publications in National and International Journals and chapters in Edited Books.
- All departmental members are PhD holders
- Two members are registered as Research Guides.
- Three members serving as Resource Persons
- Establish Department as a Research Center.
- Strengthen and develop strategies for placement.
- Publish departmental refereed Journal with ISSN.
- Establish students’ unit of Chamber of Commerce and Industry.
- Establish an Industry Partnership Cell.
- Organize International Conference.
- Obtain International funding for Projects and Conferences.
- Establish international collaboration and linkages.
- International faculty and student exchange programs.
Phone no. 0761-2620738-225