Department of Political Science was established in 1951. Then Hindi Medium Classes started in 1956. Three Years degree course was started in the year 1961. Post graduate classes in political science were started in 1998. Add-on certificate Course in Human Rights started in the year 2009 sanctioned by UGC. The primary aim of the department is to impart knowledge of art and skills of governance and administration thereby moulding politically responsible and conscious citizens.
To create positive ambience for Academic Excellence and Moral Development of the students.
To develop the Department as a centre of Qualitative Teaching and researching Political Science and Aims to create a Political Conscious Community.
- To make students aware of current political social and economic problems of the country.
- To develop critical approach among the students to analyze the political problems of the country and the world.
- To develop research aptitude in the students.
|1.||Dr. Mrs. Tuhina Johri (HOD)||M.A. , Ph.D|
|2.||Dr. Vishwas Patel||M.A. , M.Phil, Ph.D.|
|3.||Dr. Mrs. Priyanka Sharma||M.A. , Ph.D|
|4.||Fr. Ben Anton Rose||M.A.(Political Science, English Literature)|
- B A
- M A
- Certificate Course in Human Rights
- Prayaas: A Literacy Program for needy students.
- Samvedna: A Social Awareness Programme.
- Sankalp: Environment Protection Programme.
- Visit to Madhya Pradesh Vidhan Sabha
- Youth Parliament
EVENTS / ACTIVITIES
- Demenstration of EVM and VVPAT Machine 4th April 2019
- Voting awareness for women organised on 12th oct. 2018
- Celebration of Human Rights Day, Voters Day and Constitution Day.
- Participation and presentation of papers in National seminars and conferences.
- Youth Parliament programme
- Visit to High Court and Municipal Corporation.
- Analyses of newspaper articles.
- Workshop on Research Methodology.
- Talk on Indo American relations by Mr. Vishnoonand ,Senior Journalist, USA
Completed Minor Research Project: 3
- “Bharat me Suchna ke Adhikar ka Vislesnatmak Adhayan -Bhartiya Prasasnik Sudhar ke Vishesh Sandarbh Me” sanctioned by UGC.
- “Socio- Economic conditions of child rag pickers: A case study of Jabalpur City” Sanctioned by UGC.
- “Empowerment of women representatives in Gram Panchayat: Special reference to Janpad Panchayat Jabalpur” Sanctioned by UGC.
Completed Major Research Project: 1
- Major Research project titled “Impact of Right to information in strengthening the Panchayati Raj Institutions in Madhya Pradesh”. Sanctioned by ICSSR.
Conference/ Seminar /Workshop Attended
- Research Articles – 35
- Edited Chapters in Books -22
Seminars/ Workshop Organized:
- National Seminar on “Relevance of Gandhian Measures in Tackling Terrorism” 5th and 6th November,2004 sponsored by UGC.
- National Seminar on "Right to Information as a Tool to Empower the Citizen" on 31st Jan & 1st of Feb., 2014. sponsored by UGC
- PG workshop on “Research Methodology” on 20th February, 2016
- Regional seminar on “Kashmir Problem: Challenges and Prospects “collaboration with J&K Regional Study center ,Mahakoshal Prant ,Jabalpur
|Type of Journals||International||National||Others|
|Peer Review Journals||-||29||-|
|With ISBN NO.||Without ISBN No.||Chapters in Edited Books|