The Department of Computer Science & Application was started in year 1991 with the definite Mission,Vision and Objectives under the leadership of Prof. Daniel, by keeping in mind about the growing need of Computer Professionals in the Cooperate Sector. The Department fulfills the need of ever growing IT Industry by producing Competitive, Enthusiastic and well groomed Computer Professionals. The Department aims to fulfill the Vision with total commitment from Faculty Members and Students. The rapid growth in the development of Computer Hardware, Software, IT and its widespread Application in all aspects of life created a considerable demand for Computer Graduates in all specializations. In order to fulfill this demand, the faculty of Computer Science and Application is offering quality Teaching and Training programs to prepare its students for a much needed career in the dynamic and rapidly evolving computing industry of today. The faculty provides high quality education programs in a friendly,highly technological, productive and enjoyable environment.
The D.C.S.A. fraternity works with the five core values:
- Trust in Divinity
- Foster Integrity
- Acquire Competencies
- Strive for Excellence
- Serve the Society
FACULTY STRENGTH :
|1.||Mrs. Siby Samuel (HOD)||M.C.A., P.G.D.B.A., M.Phil.|
|2.||Mrs. Sukhwinder Kaur Walia(Coordinator)||M.Sc., B.Ed., M.Phil.|
|3.||Mrs. Khushbu Gupta(Coordinator)||M.Sc., M.Phil.|
|4.||Ms. Prabhjyot Kaur Haryal||M.C.A.|
|5.||Mr. J. Rajeshwar Rao||M.C.A.|
|6.||Mr. Amit Yadav||M.C.A. , M.Tech.|
|7.||Mr. Ankit Dubey||M.C.A.|
|8.||Ms. Mala Das||M.Sc. , M.Phil.|
|9.||Mrs. Abhilasha Sankari||M.C.A. , M.Phil.|
|10.||Mrs. Shradha Soni||M.C.A. , NET|
|11.||Mrs. Saroj Junghare||M.Sc. ,M.Phil.|
|12.||Mr. Prakash Kumar Lange||M.Sc.|
|13.||Mr. Manish Tiwari||M.C.A., M.Phil.|
|14.||Mrs. Arifa Anjum||M.Sc.|
|15.||Mr. Swapnil Justin||M.Sc. , M.Phil|
|16.||Mr. Jitendra Jain||M.Sc.|
|17.||Ms. Anjali Jagwani||M.Sc.|
COURSES OFFERED :
- Under Graduates:
- Bachelor of Arts with Computer Application (B.A. (C.A.))
- Bachelor of Computer Application (B.C.A.)
- Bachelor of Commerce with Computer Application (B.COM. (C.A.))
- Bachelor of Science with Computer Application (B.SC. (C.A.))
- Bachelor of Science with Computer Science and Economics (B.SC. (C.S.-ECO.)
- Bachelor of Science with Computer Science and Physics (B.SC. (C.S.-PHY.))
- Bachelor of Arts with Computer Application (B.A. (C.A.))
- Post Graduate Courses:
- Masters of Science with Computer Science (M.SC. (C.S.))
- Add On Courses
- Certificate Course in Computer Operator , Sponsored by UGC
- DOEACC “O-LEVEL” Software Course for SC/ST students Sponsored by Electronics & IT
- Self Financed
- Interdiciplinary (Self Financed) Certificate course in Data Analysis using MATLAB with Department of Mathematics
- Certificate course in Research Documentation using Latex Department of Mathematics
- Certificate course in Basics in IT and Office Automation Department of Chemistry
MAJOR HIGHLIGHTS OF THE DEPARTMENT:
- ICT Enabled Teaching & Learning:
- Online teaching (Using Net Meeting)
- Educational Cds
- Virtual Classroom Teaching
- Projector based Classroom Teaching
- Document Camera- Sharing of Books & Journals
- Computing Facilities:
- Wi-Fi Lab with 168 Desktops
- 7 Air Conditioners
- 5 Servers IBM 3630-2, IBM 3650, IBM 645, HCL Tower Server.
- 13 Laptops
- 2 Document Cameras
- 1 E-Podium
- 2 DLP
- 1 B/W Laser Printer
- 2 Color Laser Printers
- 2 Scanners
- Amplifier with 2 Mic
SEMINARS / WORKSHOPS AND OTHER PROGRAMS ORGANIZED
- Department of Computer Science & Application in collaboration with Department of Economics organized Training Program on "Project Based Learning and Need of Academic Audit in Enhancing the Quality in Higher Education" on 27th & 28th January, 2017 , sponsored by United Board for Christian Higher Education in Asia
- Two days P.G. Seminar on “Latest Technologies and Innovation in Information Technology” on 16th -17th September 2016.
- Department of Computer Science & Application in collaboration with Department of Economics organized a two days National Conference on "Role of Academic Audit in Enhancing the Quality of Higher Education in India" - 21st and 22nd October, 2016.
- Two Day Workshop on Cyber Security and Ethical Hacking in collaboration with Authentic Tech Private Limited and IIT Jodhpur on 16th & 17th January 2015.
- International Conference on Exploring Trends and Practices in Information Technology and Management ICETPITM-2015 sponsored by UGC and MPCOST on 5th & 6th January 2015.
- National Workshop on Data Analysis and Mining using WEKA and MATLAB sponsored by MPCOST from 27th to 31st January 2014.
- 2 Days Faculty Development Programme on Secure Computer User sponsored by RDVV Jabalpur on 24th & 25th January 2014.
- 2 Days Computer Orientation Programme for Non-Teaching Staff sponsored by RDVV Jabalpur from 20th November to 23rd November 2013.
- 10 days Computer Awareness Programme for students Sponsored by RDVV Jabalpur from 15th July to 22nd July 2013.
- P.G. Seminar on Latest Trends in Information Technology on 15th and 16th March 2013.
- 10 days Student Workshop on Android Application Development in association with Crisp Academy from 18th February to 2nd March 2013.
- National Workshop on Computer Science Research Methodology and its Thrust Areas- CSRMTA-2013 on 1st & 2nd Feb. 2013.
- National Conference on Advancement in Information, Communication and Technology NCAICT-2011 sponsored by UGC and MPCOST on 14th & 15th October 2011.
- National Workshop on Flexible Solutions for Analytical Needs using MatLab, Mathematica, SPSS sponsored by UGC on 6th, 7th & 8th October 2010.
- Teachers Workshop - 'Basic Operations in Computers Using MS-Office and PageMaker' from 29th November to 3rd December 2007.
- Students Workshop - "Robotics and Remote Controlling" on 24th & 25th January 2007.
Events and Activities undertaken by the Departmental Society:
- The Department runs a Society under the Banner of COMPUTER FORUM in which only the students belonging to the Computer Science and Application streams can join and become its members by paying a nominal amount of Rs.100/- per year. Apart from this it undertakes various activities like-
- Publication of Monthly Newsletters and Annual Magazine IT-TRENDS & INFOTECH TIMES.
- Cultural Programs and Felicitation Ceremony of Meritorious Students.
- TechnoZion Talent Explorer.
Extension Activities of the Department:
- Computer Awareness Program for students sponsored by R.D.V.V. University Jabalpur.
- Computer Orientation Program for Non-Teaching Staff sponsored by R.D.V.V. University Jabalpur.
- Computer Literacy Program for 2 consecutive years was conducted in 5 marginalized Government school allotted by the Collector of Jabalpur.
- Faculty Development Programs for Teaching Staff on Working with Linux Environment and Secure Computer User
Innovative CCE Activities-
- OMR based MCB Evaluations
- Static and Dynamic Models Presentations.
- Debugging Exercise
- Technological Review
- Case Studies
- Micro Teaching
- On-Line Examination
- Mid Term and Prelim Examinations
List of Journals
- International Journal of Knowledge based Computer System
- International Journal of Scientific Research
- Network and Information Security
- The Scitech Journal
Minor Research Projects Completed
- Mrs. Sukhvinder Kaur Walia, “A Software Tool for Database Normalization based on Functional Dependency”, sanctioned by UGC.
- Mr. Ankit Dubey, “Development of New and Efficient Routing Process for Data Network Traffic”, sanctioned by UGC.
- Mr. Amit Yadav, “Annotation based Fast Navigation of Web-Data Retrieval”, sanctioned by UGC.
- Guest Lecture on 'Cyber Crime and Network Security,' 24-Aug-2019. Target Audience: B.C.A. and B.Sc. (CS,CA) Final year students.
Student platform to explore the experimental verticals. Here student trains,learns, practice and map his mind with pratical implementation of the technology. The following activities are conducted in the Technopark
|25.07.2019||Rechargable LED lamp making using e-waste|
|18.08.2018||3 D Blunder Animation|
|15.09.2018||Card Designing Using Photoshop/Corel - Competition|
|19.09.2018||Bootstrap ( Blog and Website Designing)|
|14.01.2017||Basics of Ardino|
|13.08.2016||E- waste Activity|
|16.12.2016||IP Addressing and Cyber Attacks|
|15.09.2016||RJ 45 Lan Cable Preparation and Testing|
Year Wise Student Participation
|Year||No of Activities||Student Participated|
- Data Mining using WEKA Software.
- Numerical Methods using MATHEMATICA Software.
- Software Designing using UML Software.
- Practical Record Books for Under Graduates.
- Project Report for Under and Post Graduates.
|Type of Journals||International||National||Others|
|With ISBN NO.||Without ISBN No.||Chapters in Edited Books|
Telephone : +91-761-2620738 (Extn. 208)