Department of Hindi was established in 1951. The Arts Faculty & Hindi Medium Classes was started in 1956. The degree course of Hindi Literature was started in 1961 and the Functional Hindi was started in 1994. The Department started its first Add-on certificate Course in Journalism in 2007.
“Hindi ka Samyak Gyan”
Manviya Samvednao ki Uddipti, Rashtriyata ki Bhawna ka Vikas
Rajbhasha Hindi ke prati Abhiruchi Nirman, Abhivyakti Kshamta ka Vikas
Anubhutijanya Srijnatmakta mein Abhivriddhi COURSES
Under Graduate Courses
- B.Com. (Honours)
- Karyaleen Karyavidhi evam Jan Sanchar
- Patrakarita (Journalism)
- The Department organized National Seminar on “Rashtriya Ekta ke Samvardhan mein Sant Ravidas ke Vicharon ki Prasangikta” on 27th & 28th of Feburary, 2015.
EVENTS / ACTIVITIES
- Students and faculty edit the college magazine The Aloysian (Hindi section)
- Reporting of College events
- The Department has instituted ‘Hindi Sahitya Sabha’
- Literary Competitions
- Workshop in Journalism
- Theatre Training
- Advertisement Preparation
- Script Writing
- Visit to Akashwani
- Social Service
- Awareness Programs
- Outreach and Social Service and literary activities with Old Age – Home for Senior citizens.
- Regular visits to Ashrams, old age homes, Home for Differently abled Children, Blind School etc.
- Participation of students and faculty in Jabalpur Inter Religious Forum.
- Under major project, the Department organized a number of extension activities with the students of the college. i,e. nukkad naatikaayen, jail visits, roadshows, deaf and dumb children school visit, cleanliness programs, awareness programs in backward and illiterate areas regarding literacy rate, pulse polio, abortion of girl child in womb etc in slums.
- The Department organizes Nasha Mukti Abhiyaan and mimes on cross road and in social trains like RED RIBBON EXPRESS.
RESEARCH AND PUBLICATIONS
- Chapter(s) in Books – 10
- International journals- 03
- National journals- 03
- Refresher course – 02
- Faculty Development Program- 02
- International Seminar-08
- National Seminar-44
- Workshops- 12
- International Conference -05
- National Symposium-02
- All the members of the department are Ph.D. holder one member is NET qualified and actively engaged in research and publication.
- Dr. Caroline Saini are registered Research Guides.
MAJOR AND MINOR RESEARCH PROJECTS
- One Major research project from UGC titled “Hindi Bhasha, Vigyapan Lekhan, Sanchar Madhyamon mein Mook Abhinaye aur Jan Jagaran” was completed by the Head of the Department, Dr. Caroline Saini.
- Dr. Caroline Saini sanctioned a Major project from ICSSR titled, “Jhuggi Jhopdi ke rahvaasi aur jail ke bandiyon ki bhaasha ki sameeksha, shiksha, aayu, vyavsaye, evam parivar ke sandarbh mein”.
- One Major project has been sanctioned to Dr. Ramendra Prasad Ojha by ICSSR titled, “Madhya Pradesh mein Samajik Parivesh aur Jeevan Star ke Anuroop Prayukt Bhasha ke vividh Roopon ka Tulnatmak Adhyayan” which is still on progress.
- One Minor project from UGC, Bhopal has been completed by Dr. Ramendra Prasad Ojha titled, “Madhya Pradesh se prakashit pramukh samachar patron me abhvyakta naari asmita ke ayaam”.
|Type of Journals||International||National||Others|
|Peer Review Journals||–||13||–|
|Non-Peer Review Journals||–||–||–|
|With ISBN NO.||Without ISBN No.||Chapters in Edited Books|
- Dr. Carolin Abraham received three Awards.
- Father Kamil Bulke Award by Jabalpur Christian Writers Forum, Jabalpur, 2011
- Saksharta Mitra Award by Resource Centre for Adult & Continuing Education, Bhopal, 2011
- Hindi Sahitya Ratna by All India Christian Writers Forum, Allahabad , 2013