Department of Commerce works with a motto in “Pursuit of Excellence”. Since its establishment, in the year 2003-04, the department has been at the forefront in catering to the needs of students pursuing UG and PG courses in commerce. The department focuses on imparting to its student’s holistic knowledge. Practical knowledge is imparted to the student through various add-on courses, beyond curricular scholarly activities and training programs to bridge the gap between academia and industry. The faculty members are also actively involved in research and publication activities to broaden their horizons and explore new frontiers of knowledge.
Dr. Sonal Rai is Dean, Faculty of Commerce and Dr. Rupali Ahluwalia is the Head of Department. Dr. Mrs. Tarvinder Kaur Kainth is the Coordinator for Honours and Dr. Mrs. Ashu Jain Nougaraiya is the Coordinator of Tax Procedure and Practice.
To nurture intelligence and deeper commitment towards human welfare.
To facilitate an in-depth reflection and analysis of issues, problems, and concerns, in order to assist and further the transformation that society needs
To articulate a positive approach to contemporary issues and offer ideas and opportunities for service and outreach in an academic environment.
Faculty of Commerce
Dr. Mrs. Sonal Rai (Dean)
Department of Applied Economics
- Dr. Roopali Aluwalia (HOD)
- Dr. Sanjay Rajak
- Dr. Preeti Jain
- Dr. Sunil Tiwari
- Dr. Nidhi Khurana
- Dr. Nikita Shukla
- Dr. Vanshree Mehta
- Dr. Sarita Goel
- Mrs. Rajshree Sharma
Department of B. Com. Honors
- Dr. Mrs. Tarvinder Kaur Kainth (Coordinator)
- Mr. Harbaksh Moolchandani
- Mrs. Meenakshi Swamy
- Mrs. Komal Rawat
Department of Tax Procedure & Computer Application
- Dr. Mrs. Ashu Jain (Coordinator)
- Dr. Mrs. Sonal Rai
- Dr. Hephzibah B.John
- Dr. Dileep Kumar Koshta
- Ms. Pooja Gupta
- Dr. Kudshiya Raza
- Mr. Yogesh Ashar
- Mrs. Rajnil Sharma
- Dr. Sonali Bhandari Jain
- Mr. Abhishek Anand
- Applied Economics
- Tax Procedure and Practice
- Computer Applications
- B.Com. Honors
- M.Com. (with CBCS- Choice Based Credit System)
- B.Com. With US CMA (3 years degree program)
- The course will cover the CMA (Certified Management Accountant) content in 2 years and the content is divided into two parts-
- Part I- Financial Planning, Performance and Analytics.
- Part II- Strategic Financial Management.
- The exam will be conducted in the third year. This certification is recognized by top MNC’s in India and across the world.