Motto- Truth Knowledge Light
“A blow with a word strikes deeper then a blow with a sword”
The right choice of words, whether spoken or written, leaves a lasting impression on people. As we all know English has been accepted as an International Language as it is the most widely used medium for oral and written communication all over the world.
English language has become the fittest medium of communication within the family, in the society, at the national as well as the international levels. English Literature provides us a record of the tradition, custom and practices of ancient times and also acts as a mirror to the society representing its passions, humors, eccentricities and mannerisms.
To impart higher quality skills. To undertake various literary activities and ensure greater interaction, co-operation and better understanding among the students.
To strive to produce more confident, fluent, enterprising and well groomed individuals so that each one may become an asset to the department and the college
To respond and provide solutions for the diverse problems of students related to hesitation, stage fear, lack of confidence, lack of knowledge and motivation
- To let the students take the initiative for all the activities and play an active part in planning, organizing and decision making.
- To have word games, puzzles and other competitions.
- Holding various competitions like Debate, Extempore, Group Discussions, Elocution and Quiz competitions.
- Performing skits, plays and action song.
- Writing articles, poems, book reviews, stories, etc.
- Publishing literary magazine.
- Organizing recitation and literary quotation contest.
- To sensitize students to the needs of the marginalized.
- Dr. Mrs. Neelanjana Pathak
- In association with the Alumni Association of the college, the club organized a Book Reading Session of the book, Painted Years The writer of the book, Mrs. Dolly Saxena read out few extracts from her book and answered queries of the audience.
- The club organised a lecture on Sundarkand, by Dr. Akhilesh Gumasta, a known orthopedic surgeon of the city as well as the writer of The Hymns of the Himalayas, who enlightened the audience with his valuable knowledge on the same.
- Movie Reviews are regularly conducted for students UG and PG Students of Literature.
- Annual Literary Competitions are organized in which students participate at intercollegiate, university, state and zonal level.
- A Book Reading Session was organized in which Shruti Kohli read extracts from her book Petticoat Journal.
- Guest talk on Women’s Day by Dr. Sonal Ameen.
- PG students enact roles from the prescribed syllabus in each semester.
- Tri Annual release of Aloysian Times Newsletter by the UG and PG students.
- Students participate in Reinboth Speech Competition held annually.
- Lit Fest is being organized for Literature students since 2016.
- Visits are organized to Virat Hospice, orphanages, oldage homes and homes of vulnerable women and children of the society.
- Aloysian Times Vol. I 2020-21
- Aloysian Times Vol. III 2019-2020
- Aloysian Times Vol. II 2019-2020
- Aloysian_Times Volume I 2019
- Aloysian Times Vol. I 2018.
- Aloysian_Times Volume II 2018-2019
- Aloysian Times Vol III 2017-18
- Aloysian Times 2017-18
- Aloysian Times 2017-18
- Aloysian Times 2016-17
- Aloysian Times 2015-16
- Aloysian Times 2013-14
- Aloysian Times 2012-13
- Aloysian Times 2011-12