MOTTO: ‘CONSERVE AND PRESERVE’
To arouse general awareness among the students regarding the different environmental problems which are of major concern to the better future and survival of mankind.
To inculcate love and respect among the members for nature and thus work with a global perspective.
Motivating students to value environment. To make them aware about the grave situation of nature and means for its conservation.
By creating awareness on global environmental challenges and developing means to overcome them. Organizing various eco-friendly activities. Conducting botanical excursions and plantation programmes. Organizing workshops and seminars on environment concern issue.
The club is indebted to Dr.Mrs.Shikha Bansal (In charge), Dr.Mrs. Sonali Nigam and Dr.Mrs Mamta Gokhale for being a part and support for the smooth functioning of the club. Different activities organized by the club are
Students were encouraged to spend some time in cleaning of college campus and surroundings to explain them the benefits of maintaining hygienic conditions. Composting bins are placed at respective sites of the college such as garden, campus, etc.
Nature club organized Eco Fest on 30th January 2016. Various competitions like slogans, posters. Quiz, Bio rangoli, creating best out of e waste, paper bag painting clay modeling were organized under it.
Nature club celebrated Science Day on 1st March 2016. Elocution, Quiz and Essay writing competition was held for the students of UG and PG.
ENVIRONMENTAL AWARENESS PROGRAMME
On 11th March 2016 club organized awareness program in Richhai on the “role of microbes and biotechnology in swach bharat abhiyan”. Students prepared posters and slogans to spread awareness and did plantation in Richhai area.
Nature club organized an awareness programme on 2nd August 2016 in Gwarighat area to spread awareness among local people regarding different environmental problems and effect of it in environment through slogans, posters and skits.
DISEASE AWARENESS PROGRAMME
Club organized Disease awareness programme 21st August 2015 on Hepatitis, AIDS, and Typhoid in college campus. On 2nd August 2016 disease awareness programme was organized in Gwarighat area on water borne diseases like Malaria, Dengue, Cholera. The main objective was to create awareness about seasonal diseases and home remedies.
BONSAI TRAINING PROGRAMME
On 28 February 2015 club organized training programme on Bonsai. Expert Mrs. Manisha Dubey gave practical demonstration and explained the techniques of how to develop bonsai plants to the students.
Plantation of medicinal plants is a regular practice of the Nature club. These plants are maintained in the college garden under the supervision of our Principal with a motto of “Plant the trees, get the breeze”.
SEASONAL ORNAMENTAL FLOWER BED
The seasonal flower seedlings are planted by the students members of the nature club in the college garden according to winter and rainy season acquainting them with the common flowering plants.
Nature club also publishes quarterly newsletter “NATURE” which deals the topics related for conservation and recent researches.
. Past program officers
- Prof. P. L. Bharti
- Dr. K. Das
- Dr. S. K. Khare
- Mr. Amit Agrawal
- Mr. Padam Jain
- Dr. Vishwas Patel
The NSS (girls) Unit was started in 2013-14 with Dr. Carolin Saini as its program officer.
In the 2015 Mr. Akhilesh Pathak took the responsibility of N.S.S (Boys ) Unit as program officer.
Motto: The Motto of NSS “Not Me But You”, reflects the essence of democratic living and upholds the need for self-less service. NSS helps the students develop appreciation to other person’s point of view and also show consideration to other living beings.
Objectives: The main objectives of National Service Scheme (NSS) are :
- Understand the community in which they work.
- Understand themselves in relation to their community
- Identify the needs and problems of the community and involve them in problem-solving.
- Develop among themselves a sense of social and civic responsibility.
- Utilize their knowledge in finding practical solutions to individual and community problems.
- Develop competence required for group-living and sharing of responsibilities.
- Gain skills in mobilizing community participation.
- Acquire leadership qualities and democratic attitudes.
- Develop capacity to meet emergencies and natural disasters and
- Practice national integration and social harmony.
NSS wing (Boys & Girls) of St. Aloysius College held the following activity in session 2016-17
- Yoga Classes : NSS wings of St. Aloysius College organized Yoga classes for students held from 9 Aug 2016 to 13 Aug 2016. Two hundred Fifty students participated .
- Rally : NSS wings of St. Aloysius College took part in a rally on Flag Day on date 27 Aug 2016 . Railly started from Home Science College and ended at Tinpatti Choraha . 25 students of our college participated in rally program.
- R.D. Pared Selection: In District level R.D. Pared Selection organized by NSS Unit of RDVV on date 21 Aug 2016. 05 Boys and 01 Girl were selected. In University level selection 01 Girl was selected.
- Plantation : NSS Unit of St. Aloysius College along with Rani Durgawati University organized a plantation program for clean environment at Stadium of Rani Durgawati University Jabalpur on 22-23 Sep 2016. The total no of plantation done 150 .
- Cash Less Transaction: NSS wings of St. Aloysius College took part for Digital India Mission Abhiyan and attended work shop organized by SBI and NSS wings RDVV on 18 Dec 2016.
- Swachhata Abhiyan: NSS wings of St. Aloysius College took part for clean Jabalpur Abhiyan and attended work shop organized by Nagar Nigam and NSS wing RDVV on 28 Dec 2016.
- Workshop on digital India Drive on 03/02/2017.
NSS wing (Boys & Girls) of St. Aloysius College held the following activity in session 2015-16
- Plantation : NSS Unit of St. Aloysius College organized a plantation program for clean environment at Tripuri Ward, Sastri nagar Jabalpur on 25 July 2015. The total no. of plantation done 100 .
- Rally : NSS wings of St. Aloysius College organized a rally titled “Polythene free Zone” on 22 Aug 2015 . Railly started from St. Aloysius college and ended at Gorakhpur . Hundred students participated in rally program.
- Yoga Classes : NSS wings of St. Aloysius College organized Yoga classes for students held from 7 sep 2015 to 16 sept 2015. Two hundred students participated .
- NSS day : NSS students and officers of St. Aloysius College took part in NSS day celebration organized by RDVV, Jabalpur on 24 Sep 2015 . NSS students of St. Aloysius College, performed Skit based on “NSS Dikhawa nahi sewa hai” . They also took part in culture program .
- Blood Donation : NSS students of St. Aloysius College donated blood in Blood donation camp organized by NSS open Unit at RDVV, Jabalpur on 1 Oct 2015 .
- NSS students and officers of St. Aloysius College took a part in Sardar Vallabh bhai Patel Jayanti celebration organized by RDVV, Jabalpur on 31 Oct 2015.There the NSS students of St. Aloysius College, performed activities such as Quiz , Speech etc.
- NSS students and officers of St. Aloysius College took a part in Foundation Day celebration organized by M.P. Govt. on 01 Nov 2015 at Wright Town stadium, Jabalpur.
- Visit to Asram : NSS wings of St. Aloysius College visited Asahadeep Asram held on 02 feb 2016 and distributed food & stationary items .
- Training Program : NSS unit of St. Aloysius College organized Training classe for students held from 11 Feb 2016. Aprox 35 students participated .
- Swachhata Abhiyan: NSS wings of St. Aloysius College organized a Swachata Abhiyan on 5 March 2016 & cleaned the college campus.
- Visit to Central Jail: NSS wings of St. Aloysius College visited Central Jail on 15/03/2016 and presented 3 skits based on Nasha Mukti, Education and Aware about Crime.
- University Level Camp: Nine NSS students and Two officers of St. Aloysius College took a part in University level camp organized by RDVV, Jabalpur held on 29 March to 04 March 2016.There the NSS students of St. Aloysius College, performed many activities.
DOWNLOAD NSS REPORTS