ACTIVITIES UNDER COMMERCE AND TAX FORUM
Workshop was conducted on “Investor Awareness and Education”on 3rd March 2012 with the collation of ICWAI Chief Guest of the event was Brig. C.M. Rodrigues, Stn. Commandant JAK riffles, keynote speaker was Mr. Ajay Jain, Director Swaraj money and Mr. Tapan Badkul , Jabalpur Chapter ICWAI.
Workshop was conducted on “Indian Tax system” on 13th October 2012 Chief Guest was Dr. S.K. Pahwa H.O.D, G.S. College, JBP, Key note speaker Mr. Anil Kumar, Asst. Commissioner. Indirect Tax
Workshop was conducted on “Budget Analysis of Direct and Indirect Taxes” on 16thMarch2013, Chief Guest of the workshop was Professor ManoharPandit, Director VITS, Key note speaker- Professor N.G. Pendse, RDVV.
Workshop was conducted on “Indian Tax System” on 28th October 2014. Chief guest of the workshop was Dr. S.K. Pahwa, HOD, G.S. College, JBP, Key note speaker – C.A AshutoshDadariya, Director Ambition classes and C A Aditya Grover.
Workshop was conducted on “Indian Tax System” on 17th October 2015. Chief Guest of the workshop was Dr. S.K. Pahwa, Dean Faculty of commerce, RDVV and key note speaker was Mr. AshutoshPillai, Deputy Commissioner Income tax office, Bhopal Zone.
Workshop was conducted on “Career Opportunities in Accounting” on 21St January 2016. Chief Guest of the workshop was Dr. G.P. Chourasia, OFK college khamaria, Keynote speaker- Dr. N.C. Tripathi, Professor, G.S. College
Guest Lecture on Goods and Service Tax: Challenges and Opportunities by Narendra Singh Chauhan (Assistant Commissioner, Commercial Tax, Div. I) On 10/09/2016 for BCOM Tax group students
INTER COLLEGE DEBATE COMPETETION ON GOODS and SERVICE TAX (GST): A GAME CHANGER OF INDIAN TAX SYSTEM CONDUCTED ON 10/09/2016
28 Participants From Different Colleges Participated in the Event. Chief Guest of the Competition was Dr. S.K. Pahwa (Dean Faculty of Commerce), Special Guest Mr. Narendra Singh Chauhan (Assistant, Commissioner Commercial Tax, Div. I) And Judges For The Competition Were Dr. R.K. Agrawal (Retired Professor, G.S. College), C.A. AshutoshDadariya (Director, Ambition Institute) And C.A. Ashish Jain. Winners Of The Competition Were 1st Prize Was Won By Ms. Kanishka (G.S. College) Cash Prize- Rs. 1000, 2nd Prize Won By Mr. SwapnilJoglekar (St. Aloysius College) Cash Prize- Rs. 700, 3rd Prize Was Tied Between Ms. SabiKapoor (St. Aloysius College) And Mr. DheerendraYadav(G.S. College) Cash Prize- Rs. 500 Each
- Department of commerce has organized one day micro seminar on “ Role of Income tax in nation building” in collaboration with Income tax department, Jabalpur. Chief Guest of the seminar was Mr. Omprakash Yadav, Principal Commissioner income tax office Jabalpur. Approximately 600 students have attended this seminar and were benefitted with their insights on Income Tax. He has given much information regarding Income tax Process, Online facilities for filing return. Question answer session was also conducted in which students have actively participated. Introduction was given by Programme Co-Ordinator Dr. Kudshiya Raza and Vote of thanks was given by Dr. Dilip Koshta.
- Department of commerce in collaboration with GST Department of Jabalpur organized “ GST Quiz Competition” on 4th July 2019 wherein 54 students have participated. The competition was held under the keen guidance of GST Commissioner of Jabalpur.
- On 8th July 2019, Monday Prize Distribution Ceremony of GST Quiz Competition was conducted. The programme was completed under the stewardship of the Principal Commissioner Mr. Pramod Kumar Agrawal, organized by Central GST Department, Jabalpur. Sainjali Nayak, Sanskruti Bachwani, Tarun Manywani received first, second and third position respectively. Five students and three faculty members of St. Aloysius College graced the occasion.
- On 12th July 2019, 11 students alongwith 5 teachers of Commerce department attended and participated in blood donation and health check up camp organised by Income tax department, Jabalpur.
- Department of commerce signed MOU with miles education for B.Com with CMA course on 19 July 2019.
- CMA Live webinar conducted as a measure for skill enhancement of CMA students, by Miles Education Faculty Pune on 6 September 2019.
- On 21st and 22nd Jan. 2020 HR workshop was conducted for CPBFI students of B.com in collaboration with Bajaj Finserv . Prominent recruiters interacted with the students. The highlight was that 80% of the students were given STAR certificate for their outstanding performance.
- 5 students of B.Com. along with one faculty member attended faculty and student exchange program from 27th January 2020 to 2 February 2020 at Sophia girls’ college, Ajmer.