OBJECTIVE: QUALITY THROUGH PERSEVERANCE
MISSION: To provide a solid foundation for Career Development and further studies.
VISION: A breed of creative Professionals and Managers for the corporate sector and also for those who plan for self-employment.
The Department of Computer Science & Application was started in the year 1991 with the definite Mission, Vision and Objectives under the leadership of Prof. Daniel, by keeping in mind the growing need of Computer Professionals in the Cooperate Sector. The Department fulfills the need for ever-growing IT Industry by producing Competitive, Enthusiastic and well-groomed Computer Professionals. The Department aims to fulfill the Vision with total commitment from Faculty Members and Students. The rapid growth in the development of Computer Hardware, Software, IT, and its widespread application in all aspects of life created a considerable demand for Computer Graduates in all specializations. In order to fulfill this demand, the faculty of Computer Science and Application is offering quality Teaching and Training programs to prepare its students for a much-needed career in the dynamic and rapidly evolving computing industry of today. The faculty provides high-quality education programs in a friendly, highly technological, productive and enjoyable environment.
The D.C.S.A. fraternity works with the five core values:
- Trust in Divinity
- Foster Integrity
- Acquire Competencies
- Strive for Excellence
- Serve the Society
- Under Graduates:
- Bachelor of Arts with Computer Application (B.A. (C.A.))
- Bachelor of Computer Application (B.C.A.)
- Bachelor of Commerce with Computer Application (B.COM. (C.A.))
- Bachelor of Science with Computer Application (B.SC. (C.A.))
- Bachelor of Science with Computer Science and Economics (B.SC. (C.S.-ECO.)
- Bachelor of Science with Computer Science and Physics (B.SC. (C.S.-PHY.))
- Post Graduate Courses:
- Masters of Science with Computer Science (M.SC. (C.S.))
- Add On Courses
- Certificate Course in Computer Operator , Sponsored by UGC
- DOEACC “O-LEVEL” Software Course for SC/ST students Sponsored by Electronics & IT
- Self Financed
- Interdiciplinary (Self Financed) Certificate course in Data Analysis using MATLAB with Department of Mathematics
- Certificate course in Research Documentation using Latex Department of Mathematics
- Certificate course in Basics in IT and Office Automation Department of Chemistry
- Department of Computer Science & Application organized 4 days Faculty Development Program on “Digital Teaching, Learning, and Evolution” in Online Mode from May 5th to 8th. A total of 352 candidates registered for this program and 200 participants attended.
- Department of Computer Science & Application organized 4 days International Faculty Development Program on “Digital Teaching, Learning and Evolution” in Online Mode from May 5th to 8th. A total of 208 candidates registered for this program and 168 participants attended.
- Department of Computer Science & Application in collaboration with Department of Economics organized Training Program on “Project Based Learning and Need of Academic Audit in Enhancing the Quality in Higher Education” on 27th & 28th January, 2017 , sponsored by United Board for Christian Higher Education in Asia
- Two days P.G. Seminar on “Latest Technologies and Innovation in Information Technology” on 16th -17th September 2016.
- Department of Computer Science & Application in collaboration with Department of Economics organized a two days National Conference on “Role of Academic Audit in Enhancing the Quality of Higher Education in India” – 21st and 22nd October, 2016.
- Two Day Workshop on Cyber Security and Ethical Hacking in collaboration with Authentic Tech Private Limited and IIT Jodhpur on 16th & 17th January 2015.
- International Conference on Exploring Trends and Practices in Information Technology and Management ICETPITM-2015 sponsored by UGC and MPCOST on 5th & 6th January 2015.
- National Workshop on Data Analysis and Mining using WEKA and MATLAB sponsored by MPCOST from 27th to 31st January 2014.
- 2 Days Faculty Development Programme on Secure Computer User sponsored by RDVV Jabalpur on 24th & 25th January 2014.
- 2 Days Computer Orientation Programme for Non-Teaching Staff sponsored by RDVV Jabalpur from 20th November to 23rd November 2013.
- 10 days Computer Awareness Programme for students Sponsored by RDVV Jabalpur from 15th July to 22nd July 2013.
- P.G. Seminar on Latest Trends in Information Technology on 15th and 16th March 2013.
- 10 days Student Workshop on Android Application Development in association with Crisp Academy from 18th February to 2nd March 2013.
- National Workshop on Computer Science Research Methodology and its Thrust Areas- CSRMTA-2013 on 1st & 2nd Feb. 2013.
- National Conference on Advancement in Information, Communication and Technology NCAICT-2011 sponsored by UGC and MPCOST on 14th & 15th October 2011.
- National Workshop on Flexible Solutions for Analytical Needs using MatLab, Mathematica, SPSS sponsored by UGC on 6th, 7th & 8th October 2010.
- Teachers Workshop – ‘Basic Operations in Computers Using MS-Office and PageMaker’ from 29th November to 3rd December 2007.
- Students Workshop – “Robotics and Remote Controlling” on 24th & 25th January 2007.
|Type of Journals||International||National||Others|
|With ISBN NO.||Without ISBN No.||Chapters in Edited Books|
- June 2021
- Activity Name: Five Days Online National Workshop on “DATA SCIENCE AND MACHINE LEARNING CONCEPTS” , Date: 1 – 5 June 2021 No. of Students: 194, Platform: Google Meet, Speaker: Dr. Aprajita Ojha Director, PDPM IIITDM,Jabalpur , Dr. Abhishek Shrivastava Assistant Professor, Department of Computer Science and Engineering, IIT, Indore , Mr. Tarun Saxena Data Scientist, Gemini Solutions , Gurgaon, Dr. Puneet Gupta Assistant Professor, Department of Computer Science and Engineering, IIT, Indore , Dr. Shraddha Masih Reader, School of Computer Science and Information Technology, DAVV, Indore
- May 2021
- Activity Name: Career Prospects in Computer Science and Applications, Date: 29 May 2021 No. of Students: 158, Platform: Google Meet, Speaker: Ms. Prabhjyot Kaur, Mrs. Shraddha Soni, Mrs. Saroj
- January 2021
- Activity Name: Commencement of RHCSA (Training Program),Date: 4 January 2021- 13 Febuary 2021 No. of Students: 18, Platform: Google Meet, Speaker: Mr. Chandrashekhar Shukla, Rostris Pvt Ltd. , Banglore
- December 2020
- Activity Name: Skill Based Program (Computer Awareness) , Date: 14 – 18 December 2020 No. of Students: 306, Platform: Google Meet, Speaker: 1. Ms.Arifa Anjum 2. Ms.Prabjyot K.Haryal 3. Mr.Amit K.Yadav 4. Ms.Mala Das 5. Mr.Ankit K.Dubey 6. Mr.Swapnil Justin 7. Ms.Anjali Jagwani
- Activity Name: Guest Lecture , Date: 12 December 2020 No. of Students: 45 , Platform: Google Meet, Speaker: Prof Ajeet Singh
- November 2020
- Activity Name: Online Certification course on movie making, editing and animation, Date: 18 November – 10 December 2020 ( 30Hrs.) No. of Students: 43 , Platform: Google Meet, Speaker: Mrs. Shraddha Soni
- August 2020
- Activity Name: Training program on python for machine learning, Date: 26 August – 17 November 2020 (30 Hrs.) No. of Students: 26 Speaker: Dr. Siby Samuel
- JUNE 2019-20
- Activty name: online Tutorial on Python and Machine Learning , Date: 1 – 7 June 2020 , No. of days: 7 days (Timing: 5 to 6 pm), No. of students: 120 Students, Platform: Zoom App, Speaker: Dr. Siby Samuel
- MAY 2019-20
- Activity Name: International level Online Faculty Development Program, Date: 5 May – 8 May 2020, No. of days: 4 days (4:00 to 5:30 pm), No. of participants: 560 , Venue: Online training during Lockdown, Instructor – 3 (Mrs. Abilasha Sankari, Mrs. Shraddha Soni, Mr. Jitendra Jain), Coordinator – Mrs. Sukhvinder Kaur Walia
- Activity Name: National Level Online Faculty Development Program, Date: 9 May – 12 May 2020, No. of days: 4 days (4:00 to 5:30 pm), No. of Participants: 560, Venue: Online training during Lockdown, Instructor – 3 (Mr. Ankit Dubey, Mrs. Saroj Junghare, Mr. Swapnil Justin), Coordinator – Mrs. Sukhvinder Kaur Walia
- Activity Name: E-BoS Meeting (Board of Study), Date: 21 May 2020 (at 3:30 pm), No. of days: 1 day, Attendee: All faculty members of the department, Platform: Zoom App
- Activity Name: Free Internship/ Training on WordPress, Date: 25 May – 3rd June 2020, No. of days: 10 days (9:00 to 10:00 am), No. of Students: 78 students, Platform: Zoom App, Instructor – Ms. Anjali Jagwani, Coordinator – Mrs. Khushbu Gupta
- JANUARY 2019-20
- Activity Name: Conduct Assembly –Awareness among youth about the importance of voting Oath taking by the student, Date: National Voter Day – 25th January 2020, No. of Days: 1 day, No. of Students: 120 (all UGs), Venue: Prerna Hall
- DECEMBER 2019-20
- Workshop on “Internet of Things(IoT)” (6-Dec-2019 to 7-Dec-2019) Timing- 10:00 am to 3:00 pm Topic Covered – Microcontroller, types of microcontroller, Arduino, Esp8266 , Access point , control the led by smartphone wireless,,, cloud computing and IoT, IoT cloud platform. Working with REST API, MySQL Database, XAMPP Server, Get & Post, PHP Basics, Database Connection. Teacher In-charges – Mr. Ankit Dubey,Mrs. Abhilasha Sankari
- Activity Name: “AAGAZ-2019” Inter School and College Event Date: 16 December 2019, No. of Days: 1 days with 5 technical and non-technical activities.
- Activity Name: Ad-Mad Show, Activity Incharge: Mrs. Shradha Soni, Total Participants (Individual/Teams): 5 Teams , Venue: In front of Principal’s office Timing: 1:15 pm to 2:15 pm, Judges: Mrs. Mita Agrawal, Dr. Chitranshi Verma, Ms. Roomani Wahid, Winner I: Team Avengers(Kirti Shukla, Ranjeet Patel, Devendra Singh Lodhi, Shivi Mishra, Palak Pachauri) SAC JBP
- Activity Name: Animation, Activity Incharge: Mrs. Abhilasha Sankari, Total Participants (Individual/Teams): 3 Teams, 3 Individual students, Venue: CS Back Lab, Timing: 12:00 pm to 1:00 pm, Judges: Mr. Enosh Philip, Mr. Nitin Swamy, Winner I: Team Sociomotion (Shubhanshu Sahu Gyan Ganga College of Technology, Sakshi Sharma SAC JBP), Winner II: Aayush Jain SAC JBP, Winner III: Ankit Kumar SAC JBP
- Activity Name: E-Waste, Activity Incharge: Mr. Manish Tiwari, Total Participants (Individual/Teams): 4 Teams, 3 Individual students, Venue: Room No. 117, Timing: 10:00 am to 4:00 pm, Judges: Dr. Anil kumar Dalela
- Activity Name: “AAGAZ-2019” Inter School and College Event Date: 16 December 2019, No. of Days: 1 days with 5 technical and non-technical activities.
Winner I: Team 8 bit (Rahul Jain, Ishan John, Raunak Rajak, Kshitij Tripathi, Shrenik) SAC JBP
Winner II: Team ACE (Raunak Rajput, Vishesh Gujar, Parsh Jain, Pragati Pateria, Aditiya Jain) SAC JBP
Winner III: Pooja Rajpoot Home Science College JBP
Winner IV: Team CS-MAKER (Sankul Pandey, Hari Om Pandey, Pranjali Kesharwani, Priyanka Bharti, Pratibha) SAC JBP
- Activity Name: Robotics, Activity Incharge: Mr. Manish Tiwari, Total Participants (Individual/Teams): 3 Teams, Venue: Room No. 117, Timing: 10:00 am to 4:00 pm, Judges: Dr. Anil kumar Dalela
Winner I: Team E-Stamp (Shreya Nema, Sakshi Tiwari, Aman Kanojiya, Aditya Gupta) SAC JBP
Winner II: Team Gyrobot (Sarthak Agarwal, Sajal Tiwari, Shivam Tiwari, Yameesh Jain) SAC JBP
Winner III: Team Hi-Fives (Anshul Singh Parihar, Khushboo Wadhwa, Shruti Yadav, Mayank Rajak, Muskan Benjamin) SAC JBP
- Activity Name: User Interface, Activity Incharge: Ms. Anjali Jagwani, Total Participants (Individual/Teams): 2 Teams, 4 Individual Students, Venue: CS Back Lab, Timing: 12:30 pm to 1:20 pm, Judges: Dr. Pearly Jacob
Winner I: Chatinya Rai, Tripti Bhatia GGITS JBP
Winner II: Anuj Gunjad SAC JBP
Winner III: Ankit Kumar, Pranjali Kesharwani SAC JBP
- NOVEMBER 2019-20
- Activity Name: Paricharcha on topic “Effect of Computer in 21st Century on Youth”, Date: 27.11.2019, No. of Days: 1 day (9:45 to 11:45 am), No. of Students: 85 students (All under graduate), Venue: CS Back Lab
- OCTOBER 2019-20
- Workshop on Cyber Security Basics under TechnoPark on 1st October 2019.
- Activity Name: Presentation of Microsoft Azure, Date: 10 October 2019, No. of Days: 1 day (9:45 to 11:45 am), No. of Students: 34 students (BCA Final Year), Venue: CS Lab
- SEPTEMBER 2019-20
- Activity Name- DOEACC “O” Level Software Course, Date: 9th September 2019 (commenced), No. of days: 1 yr. (II semester), No. of students: 26, Venue: Computer Sc.PG Lab
- Activity Name- Skill Based Program (Computer Awareness) 2019 , Date: 11, 14, 18, 21, 25 September 2019. , No. of days: 5 days , No. of students: 218 (all PG I Semester), Batches – 2 (3 hrs. each), Venue: Computer Lab
- Activity Name: Computer Literacy Program (in house), Date: 16 September 2019, No. of days: 10 days, No. of students: 20 students/batch, Venue: CA Lab
- The department of Computer Science & Application had organized virtual guest lecture on 20th September 2019, on the topic “Cloud Computing & its current scenarios ” for all the MSc(Computer Science ) students and for BCA III year students. The lecture was delivered by Mr. Praneet Verma( Project Manager in Techlene Software Solution Pvt. Ltd.Indore)
- AUGUST 2019-20
- Activity Name- RED HAT Certificate , Date: 19 august 2019 (commenced), No. of days: 72 hrs., No. of Students: 25, Venue: Computer Back Lab
- Activity Name: Computer Operator Course, Date: 19th august 2019, No. of days: 1 yr. / 6 months, No. of Students: 70, Venue: CS and CA Lab
- JULY 2019-20
- Activity Name- Faculty Development Program, Date: 27 to 29 July 2019, No. of days: 03, No. of Students: 118, Venue: Computer Lab (front back, MSc, BA)
- Activity name: Bridge Classes, Date: 15th July to 15th august 2019, No. of days: 1month, No. of Students: 250 , Venue: Computer Lab, Contents: Learning LibreOffice & familiar with basic of computer
- Activity name: BOS (Board of Study), Date: 27 july2019, No. of days: 1 day, Attendee: All faculty members of the department, Venue: Computer Lab
- The Department runs a Society under the Banner of COMPUTER FORUM in which only the students belonging to the Computer Science and Application streams can join and become its members by paying a nominal amount of Rs.100/- per year. Apart from this it undertakes various activities like-
- Publication of Monthly Newsletters and Annual Magazine IT-TRENDS & INFOTECH TIMES.
- Cultural Programs and Felicitation Ceremony of Meritorious Students.
- TechnoZion Talent Explorer.
Extension Activities of the Department:
- Computer Awareness Program for students sponsored by R.D.V.V. University Jabalpur.
- Computer Orientation Program for Non-Teaching Staff sponsored by R.D.V.V. University Jabalpur.
- Computer Literacy Program for 2 consecutive years was conducted in 5 marginalized Government school allotted by the Collector of Jabalpur.
- Faculty Development Programs for Teaching Staff on Working with Linux Environment and Secure Computer User
Innovative CCE Activities-
- OMR based MCB Evaluations
- Static and Dynamic Models Presentations.
- Debugging Exercise
- Technological Review
- Case Studies
- Micro Teaching
- On-Line Examination
- Mid Term and Prelim Examinations
- Guest Lecture on ‘Cyber Crime and Network Security,’ 24-Aug-2019. Target Audience: B.C.A. and B.Sc. (CS,CA) Final year students.
Student platform to explore the experimental verticals. Here student trains,learns, practice and map his mind with pratical implementation of the technology. The following activities are conducted in the Technopark
|25.07.2019||Rechargable LED lamp making using e-waste|
|18.08.2018||3 D Blunder Animation|
|15.09.2018||Card Designing Using Photoshop/Corel – Competition|
|19.09.2018||Bootstrap ( Blog and Website Designing)|
|14.01.2017||Basics of Ardino|
|13.08.2016||E- waste Activity|
|16.12.2016||IP Addressing and Cyber Attacks|
|15.09.2016||RJ 45 Lan Cable Preparation and Testing|
Year Wise Student Participation
|Year||No of Activities||Student Participated|
- Data Mining using WEKA Software.
- Numerical Methods using MATHEMATICA Software.
- Software Designing using UML Software.
- Practical Record Books for Under Graduates.
- Project Report for Under and Post Graduates.
- Batch List B.Sc. I Year 2021
- Batch List B.Sc. II Year 2021
- Batch List B.Sc. III Year 2021
- Format for Writing the Dissertation Report
- Download Newsletter – IT Trends 2020
- Download Newsletter – IT Trends 2019
- Syllabus Computer Operator Syllabus
- Download Newsletter – IT Trends
- Download – Format of Major Project (Backend Office) for Final Year – Computer Science
- Download – Project Report for Higher Education
- Download – Major Project File format for B.C.A. Final Year.