The Department of History “Where excellence is not a habit,but a tradition” has a history as old as St. Aloysius’ College. The Department of History was established in the year 1951 to teach the U.G. course to the students and it is continuing its journey successfully till date with utmost effort on the part of the faculty members .
To inculcate in the students a sense of pride and patriotism so as to transform them into culturally responsible citizens. To guard them from the dangers of any distortion of history as far as its objectivity is concerned.
To educate students for wholesome thinking and creative learning, making it sustainable by constant recourse to India’s glorious heritage, and to pave way for cultural harmony and concord.
To respond actively to call for professionalism and to impart training in order to empower the youth.
Under Graduate Course
Add on Courses
- Certificate course in Destination Management in Tourism
- The Department of History released its annual magazine “VIRASAT”. The release of magazine was accompanied by a small event. The magazine release as well as the function celebrated Mahatma Gandhi Ji’s 150th birth anniversary.
- History forum
- Study tour to various historical places
- Visit to Museum
- Guest Lecture Series
- Annual Department publication
- “VIRAASAT” magazine released by the department.
RESEARCH AND PUBLICATIONS
- Minor Research Project completed :One Minor research Project completed entitled-“Gandhi jikeSidhthantokeAnusarBadatiHinsaAurAtankvadkaSamadhan: EkAdyayan. Sanctioned by UGC.
- Proposed Major Research Project “An analysis of India’s Political , Economic and social condition after Independence and their effects. ( 1947-1977)
|Type of Journals||International||National||Others|
|Peer Review Journals||02||06||–|
|Non-Peer Review Journals||–||–||–|
|With ISBN NO.||Without ISBN No.||Chapters in Edited Books|