Learning by Doing
To become a Department of Academic Excellence with Analytic approach
To produce Rational human beings with Scientific temper of mind
Holistic development, Technological skills, Mathematical Creativity and Proficiency
The Department strives to achieve these objectives by
Mentoring, Teaching, Learning, Reasoning, Training and Research
- Under-Graduate Courses (B.Sc.)
- Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics
- Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics
- Computer Science, Economics, Mathematics
- Computer Application, Physics, Mathematics
- Computer Maintenance, Electronics, Mathematics
- Electronics, Physics, Mathematics
- M.Sc. Mathematics
- Research Documentation Through Latex (Fee- 400/-)
- Basics of Matlab (Fee 500/-)
- A two day National Training Programme on ‘The Art of Mathematical Modeling as Teaching Pedagogy’ sponsored by United Board for Christian Higher Education in Asia was organized by Department of Mathematics, St. Aloysius College (Autonomous) on 9th – 10th February 2018.
- There were about 120 participants from various institutions around the country. They were introduced to the art of mathematical modeling as teaching pedagogy. They were given the requisite skill to analyze a problem and develop mathematical problems thereof. They also acquired the skill to train their students to think independently and intuitively on how to develop a mathematical model through various classroom activities and projects.
- A Guest lecture was organized for the Post Graduate students by the Department of Mathematics on 22nd March 2022. The Resource Person was Dr. Rishabh Tiwari Assistant Professor, Dept. of Mathematics and Computer Science, RDVV Jabalpur.
He spoke on ‘Generalized Barycentric Coordinates’ and gave inputs on various aspects ranging from coordinate system to Barycentric coordinate system in n-dimension & its applications. Thirty four students benefitted from the same.
- Teaching in School 2022
- National Mathematics Day Report 21-22
- Report of National Mathematics Day
- Seminar for Post Graduate Students
- Guest Lectures for Under Graduate Students
- 15 Days Bridge Classes especially for B.Sc. First Year
- Mathematical Fest
- Corporate Social Responsibility through:
- Teaching School children by Students and Teachers
- Popularizing Mathematics by organizing Mathematical activities in school.
- Distribution of Study Materials in Schools
- National Mathematics Day Celebration
- Training Programme on Vedic Mathematics report
- Online certificate course on Research Documentation Through LaTex
FACULTY ENRICHMENT PROGRAMME
• Refresher Course/ Seminar/Workshop/DSA Attended: 122
• Papers Presented in Seminars/Workshops:
• International: 34
• National: 104
• Papers Published:
• International: 75
• National: 23
• Books Authored: 03
• Chapters Authored in Books: 05
• Research Projects Completed: 02
|Type of Journals||International||National||Others|
|Peer Review Journals||75||23||–|
|Non-Peer Review Journals||–||–||–|
|With ISBN NO.||Without ISBN No.||Chapters in Edited Books|
AWARDS RECEIVED BY THE DEPARTMENT:
1. Dr. Mandira Kar
- Presented by Mahratta Chamber of Commerce, Industries and Agriculture Pune in the 2nd International Conference on Emerging Trends in Science, Engineering and Technology on Sept. 29th 2018.
- Presented by IMRF Institute of Education and Research Dubai Chapter and Sant Baba Bhag Singh University, Punjab, India at the International Conference on Advances in Mathematics, Computers and Physical Sciences Dubai 2019 on Jan. 19th 2019.
DISTINGUISHED WOMEN SCIENTIST AWARD IN MATHEMATICS:
- Presented by IMRF Dubai Academic Chapter and SBBS University, Punjab, India at the Inaugural Function of the International Multidisciplinary Academic Conference, Dubai on Jan.18th 2019.
INTERNATIONAL MULTIDISCIPLINARY RESEARCH FOUNDATION ACHIEVERS AWARD:
- In recognition of the consistent superior performance in Mathematics, upon the recommendations of the committee on IMRF Academic Awards. Presented by International Multidisciplinary Research Foundation, IMRF Thailand Chapter, Bangkok, Thailand, on the eve of IMRF’s 58th International Gathering ‘International Science Congress Thailand- 2017’ ISCTH 2017, at Asian Institute of Technology, Bangkok, Thailand, on Oct.02nd 2017
2. Dr. Akhilesh Pathak
PRASASTI PATRAS: at State Level NSS Camp on March 5th 2017 by
• Principal, Govt. P. G. College, Rahali , Sagar, M.P.
• Chief Municipal Officer, Nagar Palika, Rahali, Sagar, M.P.
BEST NSS OFFICER AWARD 2017: on 24th Sept. 2017 by RDVV, Jabalpur.
1. Ms. Kiran Kumari
YOUNG SCIENTIST WITH ZEAL AWARD: on 11th Mar 2017 for presenting Research Paper entitled:
“Operation Research: A tool for Entrepreneurship” under the guidance of Dr. Mandira Kar at 5th International Conference on Advances in Science, Society, Culture Humanities & Technologies (ICASSCHT- 2017) held at D.N. Jain College, Jabalpur.
2. Ms. Sanjiwani Pandey and Ms. Shubhasini Mishra
BEST PAPER AWARD:. on 24th Feb. 2019 for presenting Research Paper entitled: “Assessment of Complete Sanitation under Swachh Bharat Abhiyaan (Gramin) – A Mathematical Case Study”under the guidance of Dr. Mandira Kar at the National Seminar on Parallel Computing and Optimization Techniques 23-24 Feb 2019.