Culture is the process by which a person becomes all that they were created capable of being. -Thomas Carlyle
Year of Establishment – 2004
Cultural society was established in the year 2004.It plays a vital role in organizing cultural events namely Inter-Collegiate Youth Festival organized by the RDVV university, Inter-Collegiate Rotary Talent Night organized by the Rotary Club (South),Annual Social Gathering. Besides this, members of the society constantly help and assets others in organizing events such as Independence Day, IRF celebrations etc.
“To develop the hidden talents of the student members”. The group through its extension activities tries to create high moral social and cultural values within its members.
To impart higher quality skills in all art forms by undertaking various cultural activities and provide platform to explore hidden talents among the students.
We the members of cultural society aim to create and facilitate an environment for enhancing innate potential, satisfy the emotions and instincts through imparting training in different skills, self reliance and humanitarianism to mould the youth to build a better world.
To promote Indian culture and its values
To ensure holistic development of the students, to inculcate awareness about Indian culture and heritage among the members and in community, to contribute to the multicultural makeup of the students through participation in various cultural events i.e. fine arts, literary, and performing arts like dance, drama and music etc.
Members of the Society
Office Bearers (2016-17)
- President: Ms. Tripti Moses M.Sc. III Sem (Chemistry)
- Vice President:, Shristi Haldiya M.A. I Sem Pol. Sc.
- Secretary: Mr. Divyansh Rai B.Sc. V Sem & Rashi Sikarwar B.A. V Sem
- Joint Secretary: Ms. Pratiksha Dubey, B. Com Comp Appli. V Sem, Tanya Talwar B.A.I Sem.
- Joint Secretary (Official): Ms. Shweta Sharma, M.A. III Sem Eng Lit Mr.
- Joint Secretary (Technical): Mr. Subham Arpit Dutta M.A. I Sem Eng Lit
- Program Coordinator: Abhay Adwin Chako B.A.V Sem
- Dr. Manju Maria Solomon IC
- Dr. Mrs. Renu Pandey
- Dr. Mrs. Tuhina Johari
- Mrs. Nidhi Khurana
- Ms. Nikita Shukla
It plays a vital role in organizing cultural events namely
- State Youth Festival organized by Rani Durgavati University Jabalpur M.P. and Sponsored by Department of Higher Education M.P. and
- National Youth Festival Organized by different Universities in collaboration with Association of Indian Universities and Sponsored by Ministry of Youth Affairs & Sports, Govt. of India.
- Inter-Collegiate Rotary Talent Fest organized by the Rotary Club (South) Jabalpur M.P.
- Annual Social Gathering in college.
- Besides this, members of the society constantly help and assets others in organizing events such as Independence Day, Republic Day etc. The group through its extension activities tries to create high moral social and cultural values within its members.
Activities carried out:
- The Society gives a platform to budding actors to show their expertise through Drama, Skits, Mime and Mimicry. Plays like ‘Candida’, ‘Madhulika’, ‘Dhruvswamini’etc. have won accolades for the institution.
- In 2014-15 first time one act play YAHUDI KI LADAKI have won state level youth festival and in zonal also.
- In the year 2015-16 one act play VIRZIS KADAR KA KUNBA won state level youth festival and zonal also and in the Year2016-17 one act play GAGAN D MAMA BAJIO.
- In 2015-16 the Dance Group of Aloysius has also secured first positions at Inter Collegiate and second position at inter district youth festival university level
- The various Dance Groups impresses audiences with their talent and professional ability wherever it performs. It comprises of groups that use western as well as Indian-fusion dance idioms including a wide variety of dance forms like Hip-Hop, Contemporary, Indo jazz and Classical dance forms.
- The Indian and Western singing group of our college has been grabbing the first position in Inter collegiate from past many years and have represented RDVV in Zonal and State level Competition. Since last Three Years i.e. 2014-15,2015-16 Tripti Moses was the winner of National Youth Festival in Western Solo Song. Again this year in 2016-17 she is going to participate in the National youth festival.
- The Artists of musical instrument (Percussion /non percussion) of the institute has been grabbing the first position in Inter collegiate and have represented RDVV in Zonal and State level Competitions (Priyal Najpandey 2014-15, 2015-16 and Nikhil Jaiswal in 2016-17).
- College has also produced talents in Clay Modeling, Cartooning, Collage & Poster Making, Rangoli, and on the spot Painting at District, State and Zonal levels and have participated with full vigor and enthusiasm in all the events and have brought laurels for the college.
- College has also produced talents in Debate and Speech at District, State and National levels (Tanya Talwar in debate and Pratiksha Dubey in Speech in the year 2016-17).
- The Aloysians have participated with full vigor and enthusiasm in Quiz and the Aloysians; Divyansh Rai(2014-15, 2015-16& 2016-17), Rashi Shikarwar, and Shrishti Haldiya have brought laurels for the college at National Level.
- Talent Fest (inter class college level): in the month of August every year.
- For Performing Arts
- For Fine Arts
- For literary competitions Tentative Dates: July last week August first week.
- Notice regarding talent fest is circulated in which ICs of the competitions, date, time, place and rules regarding the same are displayed on notice boards of different departments as well as students informed by class teachers also.
- Inter College Youth Festival (District Level) in the month of September every year.
- Inter District Youth Festival (University Level) in the month of October every year.
- Inter University Youth Festival (State Level) in the month of November every year.
- Inter University Youth Festival (Zonal Level) in the month of November every year.
- Inter University Youth Festival(National Level) in the month of February every year
Independence Day and Republic Day Celebration
- Comparing, Speech, Patriotic Dances, Patriotic Songs, Skit, Mime, Selection through Competition.
Social Gathering in the month of 23rd December every year
- Comparing, Dances, Songs, Drama, Skit, Mime, Mimicry, Selection through Competition and presentation of winner events in youth festival.
Fr. Permuzha Cultural Scholarship
- Scholarship would be given to the students who have excelled in cultural activities as follows:
- International level- 100%
- National level- 50%
- University/State level- 25%
Yuva Utsav Result
Cultural facilities provided to the students by college
- College provides trainers to trained the students in different activities and pay them.
- College also provides costume, makeup, and accompanists to every event.
- College arranges special exam for those students who participate in youth festival in different level competition during semester exams.
- Teacher In Charges are appointed for different activities to guide the students and cater their needs.